Our Vision for a New Society
St. Xavier’s College of Education envisages a new society based on brotherhood, social justice and dignity of the downtrodden, which would be possible on earth only by future citizen of India. This inturn presupposes the presence of potential and committed teachers, who would form and mould the little ones of our country. Thus, the vision of our college is expressed in the following way:
Our College aims at the integral formation of prospective teachers and the promotion of educational research at the service of our youth for the establishment of a just and humane society.
(Towards Prospective Teachers and Teacher Educators)
- To impart a sound formation in all dimensions such as academic, social, physical, emotional and religious.
- To help them in developing their potentials, soft skills, self – image and self confidence.
- To mould and motivate them towards vision of excellence.
- To strengthen the ability of communicating their views effectively.To equip them with thorough theoretical input and provide them practical training so that the teaching-learning process becomes effective.
- To train them in ICT based methodology.
- To make them acquire and imbibe the values of leadership quality through various campus activities.
- To impart the values of brotherhood, social justice and dignity of labour and make them the agents of social change.
- Preference for dalit and rural poor students.
- Special social exposure programmes during the academic year.
- Extension Lectures and Co-curricular Activities.
- Spiritual Journey in search of meaning and Life Orientation Programmes.
- Special coaching in Communicative English.
- Developing Cultural Ethos and Talents and Celebration of Important National days.
- Cultural and Educational Tours.
- Intensive Teaching Practice and Experimentation of New Methods and Techniques.
- Training on ICT skills and Use of Modern Technology and Language Lab.
- Promoting the culture of questioning, analysing and learning.
- Sensitizing the teacher and students towards social realities.
- Empowering the students and staff with creative mind and professional skills so as to excel as a group in future.
- Balanced development of mind and hearts towards an egalitarian society.
- Striving for quality in all endeavours of teaching – learning process.
- Developing the spirit of international brotherhood and a sense of commitment to the nation.
- Moulding the teacher-students to be the torch – bearers and the carrier of culture for the (younger) future generation.